Photo

Nintendo 64 And GameBoy Advance Games Coming To Wii U Virtual Console

Wii U Virtual Console Nintendo 64 GameBoy Advance GameCube Pokemon GameBoy Colour Nintendo 3DS eShop

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Well, not without a workaround.
It used analog, Wiii U has digital (triggers)

Ah yes, I see what you mean. Hmmm....

There will have to be some sort of workaround then. :(

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#22 Sdav89

Sdav89

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

tboss, on 27 Apr 2013 - 3:36 PM, said:i think most of the N64 and later games are still under copyright and/or franchises owned by other companies, that sayed no. 007 goldeneye and DK 64 dont show up because rare made them and rare was bought my microsoft, and now rare mostly makes crappy kenect games. dont know y DK64 isnt on because its a ninty owned franchise but rare is apparently enough.  
i hope they bring more support for later platforms though, even though a emulater should be capable of copy and pasting the game on.

i didnt even think of rare been owned by microsoft, really would have loved 007 Goldeneye

#23 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

That whole rare thing isn't completely true, Rare also made donkey kong country 1 2 and 3, and those are on Virtual console, so i cant see why DK64 or diddy kong racing cant be on VC. They did after all remake the game for DS.

Personally, i want to also get some DS games on the eshop, either 3ds or wiiu.

There are ALOT of games i want to play, that you can't find in store, and the ones you find online cost way to much!!!

advance wars

pokemon

mario and luigi partners in time

etc

#24 Peladex

Peladex

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Wind Waker

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

please gamecube games, i need to play eternal darkness and starfox.

video-fox-135440.jpg

#25 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

Super mario 64 on my gamepad

Majora's Mask on my gamepad

Paper Mario on my gamepad

Pokemon Emerald on my gamepad

Mario and Luigi on my gamepad

My body was not ready for this

794144.png?13383682

#26 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

Before nintendo starts thinking about N64 and GC games, maybe they should consider adding some decent NES/SNES games. 5 games (not including the 30p titles) isnt enough for launch, especially when super mario world is the only exciting game on there. Somehow I dont think anyone wouldve been excited for mario picross. Where is super star wars, iniana jones, zelda etc.? It really shouldnt be too much to ask to have one or two of these at launch.

/rant

#27 Sdav89

Sdav89

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

I got excited when I seem they had launched some NES/SNES titles but then got disappointed to just see the pitiful few they had launched, I won't be getting any of them as I've still got my NES/SNES systems set up ready to use,

I hope your right umegames I really want to see goldeneye on the wiiU virtual console, it's the one game that sticks in my mind from the N64 days.

#28 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:39 AM

GameCube games won't be coming and here's why.

1. It's too much work for Nintendo to port games of gamecubes sizes on the Wii-U
2. Nintendo don't have enough resources to port GameCube games either.

But I think gamecubes games would be a wonderful addition to VC. I would wish for the following:

Luigi mansion
Metal Gear Twin Snakes
Resident Evil
Resident evil Zero
Mario sunshine

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 28 April 2013 - 04:43 AM.

#29 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:33 AM

I agree. People are getting their hopes up way too much when it comes to GameCube games. I don't think its going to happen either due to too many practical issues. I'll be happy to be proven wrong though.

#30 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

Aye Bring the Gamecube Games! i don't have ANYTHING to play gamecube games on :(

This would be a smart idea as I'm sure many people would like to sell their wii for a wii u but then will have nothing to play gamecube games on. Virtual console gamecube games I would want:

-Mario Party 6

-Paper Mario: TTyD

-Pikmin 2(except it should be the wii version with the better aiming)

-Single Player should be playable on the Gamepad only.

I wish Mario Dance Dance Revolution was still a thing. Too bad the dance pad I have would not be able to plug into the wii u.

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#31 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

This would be a smart idea as I'm sure many people would like to sell their wii for a wii u but then will have nothing to play gamecube games on. Virtual console gamecube games I would want:

-Mario Party 6

-Paper Mario: TTyD

-Pikmin 2(except it should be the wii version with the better aiming)

-Single Player should be playable on the Gamepad only.

If pikmin 2 is there, it will be the gamecube version. They won't put the wii version on the virtual console since you can go out and buy it, meaning it will be the gamecubes controls.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#32 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

GameCube games won't be coming and here's why.

1. It's too much work for Nintendo to port games of gamecubes sizes on the Wii-U
2. Nintendo don't have enough resources to port GameCube games either.

But I think gamecubes games would be a wonderful addition to VC. I would wish for the following:

Luigi mansion
Metal Gear Twin Snakes
Resident Evil
Resident evil Zero
Mario sunshine

Yeah i doubt that Gamecube games will be coming unfortunately. Especially right now when Nintendo is trying to get their shtuff together.  It would require too many resources and would currently probably be really expensive for them.  If it does happen, it won't be for at least a year or more. If by some chance I'm wrong, I won't complain though! I want my Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door! 

#33 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

i would love to play double dash on my wii u. would be even better if it had online, but even it it did gett added to the wii u, it wouldnt get online. 

#34 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Well, not without a workaround.
It used analog, Wiii U has digital (triggers)

Very few games actually used the pressure sensetivity of the triggers: they clickable triggers could easily be worked around with the 4 shoulder buttons.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#35 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

That whole rare thing isn't completely true, Rare also made donkey kong country 1 2 and 3, and those are on Virtual console, so i cant see why DK64 or diddy kong racing cant be on VC. They did after all remake the game for DS.

Personally, i want to also get some DS games on the eshop, either 3ds or wiiu.

There are ALOT of games i want to play, that you can't find in store, and the ones you find online cost way to much!!!

advance wars

pokemon

mario and luigi partners in time

etc

Rare made these games but doesn't own the franchise's rights. Just like StarFox Adventures. I think they do for Banjo Kazooie though...

Posted Image

#36 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

Very few games actually used the pressure sensetivity of the triggers: they clickable triggers could easily be worked around with the 4 shoulder buttons.

I know, which is why I only mentioned Super Mario Sunshine (It's the only game I can think of that used it)
Also, I already said it'd need a workaround, such as what you mention.

FmEkJ2.gif

#37 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

I know, which is why I only mentioned Super Mario Sunshine (It's the only game I can think of that used it)
Also, I already said it'd need a workaround, such as what you mention.

Even Sunshine barely used pressure sensitivity. Clicking the GC R button could be zR and gently pressing it could be R. The Virtual Console lets you map buttons, so it could be anything ypu like

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#38 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

You can find Gamecubes really cheap nowadays if Nintendo doesn't release them on VC

that'll probably change soon though

#39 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

I don't know if gamecube VC is possible, since the L and R triggers are analog, the gamepad shoulder buttons are pretty much buttons.

It would be cool if they were remastered and put on the eshop for $15.

794144.png?13383682

#40 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

Rare made these games but doesn't own the franchise's rights. Just like StarFox Adventures. I think they do for Banjo Kazooie though...

rare may help nintendo to make these games like starfox and donkey Kong games as secondary developer but shigeru miyamoto is creator of mario, zelda, pikmin, starfox and donkey Kong games, plus when rare when sold to Microsoft, Rare only got rights to perect dark, conker, Killer Instinct,and Banjo Kazooie, while nintendo gain the rights to the rest. beside the donkey kong series started in 1981  while the rare franchise started in 1985 plus only stepped in to help nintendo as secondary developer when donkey Kong country November 21, 1994 started so theres a 13 yrs gap with out help from Rare for nintendo games for donkey kong series or how did u think Nintendo still making donkey kong games today like donkey kong country returns on wii and 3ds and remake of diddy kong racing on the ds, plus donkey kong are always in mario kart games, mario party,  mario sport games and super smash bros as playable characters. also starfox sega started in 1993 and only rare stepped in to help nintendo as secondary developer when star fox adventures started so theres 9 yr gap gap with out help from Rare for nintendo games for starfox series, how did u think Nintendo still making starfox games today like starfox on wiiu and remake of starfox 64 on the 3ds, there was starfox command on ds, plus starfox characters are in super smash bros series as playable characters. Also remake of goldeneye for Nintendo Wii

Edited by Smertrius, 30 April 2013 - 01:33 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, Virtual Console, Nintendo 64, GameBoy Advance, GameCube, Pokemon, GameBoy Colour, Nintendo 3DS, eShop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!